Monday, November 24, 2008

lahyf

"You have to believe that life is more than the sum of its parts, kiddo." I remember it right now to the "kiddo" part. But when I think about what she said, the same thing always comes into my head. What if you can't put the pieces together in the first place? "
United States of Leland
life [lahyvz]
–noun
1.
the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.
2.
the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, esp. metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.
3.
the only thing we've got
We're born. We grow. We die. Its the circle of life. And when it comes down to it, the minimal 80-ish years on life, is all we have.
take it, don't waste it. and make something beautiful of it.
sometimes i feel like the 18 years I've had on life have been a waste. but really, i am here for a purpose, and maybe i don't know it yet. but i hope that all this time i may have wasted has really turned out to be preparation for something bigger.
no one can go back and change the past.
anyone can start now and make a new future.
my friends grandmother just died. life really does come fast. no one close to me has ever died. but my great grandmother did die the day after i played basketball with her. i didn't even know what to feel. i was only 10.
now, the death of my friends grandmother means more to me than i thought it would. her shot at life is over, but i know she used it well. life comes and goes so fast, and making it worthwhile isn't easy. I feel like if I just keep waiting, my time will come.
i want to leave a legacy. someday i will.

No comments: